SK Wigs Buying Guide
#1 - Hair Type
- offers the most natural look & feel
- presents the most styling versatility
- requires more styling - especially after washing
- typically more expensive than synthetic hair
- very durable - can last over a year with proper care
- higher quality synthetic hair offer a look and feel quite similar to human hair
- offers limited styling versatility (hot tools cannot be used)
- requires little maintenance & can usually be worn right out of the box
- typically more affordable than human hair
- less durable than human hair — 6-12 months with proper care
- HEAT-FRIENDLY SYNTHETIC HAIR offers more styling versatility (hot tools may be used - max 350°)
- can be more challenging to style than human hair
- special care must be taken to avoid tangling
- colors may vary from non-heat-friendly synthetic hair
- less durable than regular synthetic hair — 2-3 months with proper care
#2 - Cut/Style
#3 - Cap Size
While average wigs tend to fit about 95% of customers, you will find a nice selection of wigs also come in petite and large sizes. All full wigs have an adjustable straps that give up to 1/2" so that you can customize and secure a perfect fit for you.
To determine the ight sisze wig for you, measure the circumference of your head from the front hairline, behind your ear, to the nape of your neck, to your other ear and then back to the front hairline. Jot down your measurement, then consult the table below. Please note that sizes may vary slightly by brand and that not all wigs are available in all cap sizes.
As most styles offer a large range of color options, this is a good final step. As you narrow down the styles you like, you can begin to review the colors available. If you're new to wearing wigs, consider staying close to your natural shade to ease the transition. After you have worn a wig for a while and you have become comfortable with it then we suggest trying different colors if you like.
Options for us to help find your perfect color:
1. Color Consultation
Send us a good quality picture or an actual hair sample along with the names of the wigs you are interested in. Our professional hair staff will review and give you our best recommendation for the best color choices for you.
The Wig Shop
Attn: Color Specialist
5180 Highway 17 Bypass
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
2. Purchase or Borrow Color Rings
If you choose to Borrow you will just need to return the purchased color ring within 10 days for a refund of the purchase price and when you make a purchase we will issue you a store credit for the shipping cost.
Shop Color Rings Now